Wälkomstspelen (The Welcoming Games) is organized by the Halmstad Student Union during January and is an activity for new students at Halmstad University who start during the spring semester. For three days, we will engage in various games and competitions, and organize a student sitting and parties at our student pub Lilla Hjärtat. Registration takes place in the form below, but to participate you need to be a member of Halmstad Student Union, which you can become here on our website or at our reception once you are in Halmstad. In addition to that, participation in Wälkomstspelen will also cost SEK 200 per person, which is paid on-site. It includes student patches to sew on your future student overall, a student sitting with food on Friday, and a ticket to the student pub Lilla Hjärtat's pub opening.
For questions regarding Wälkomstspelen you can send an email here.
We are incredibly excited for these three days we have together in front of us with different activities to give you an insight into how our organization is built! We have a slight change in the schedule than what was previously said so the schedule for these days will be as follows:
- From 10:00 to 16:00 there are activities, competitions and other fun in the university's sports hall located at the sports center (Q-house) Here you will get back to ancient times where knights and Vikings ruled the kingdom. You will be given a special task on site that requires cunning and creativity, more information will be provided on site.
Important to know for this day - casual clothes (e.g. training clothes).
- From 10:00 to 16:00 we have the annual Welcome Fair in the DLC (Q-house as on Thursday, officials will meet you at Q) Here you will meet the Student Union's organization, both our bodies and committees. Here you get an opportunity to get answers to all your questions, high and low with how it is to be a student or what questions you might have. Our bodies are Thorax, Hjärter6, UFO and Överstaben, what these do you can read about on our website or ask them and what their niche is on site. Our committees that are on site are May We Party and Arbetsmarknadsdagen. At this fair there will be activities and nice goodiebags as a thank you for choosing to come to Halmstad University.
- From 18:00 to late, you will experience your first opportunity to participate in a sit-in/gasque, which is a form of tradition that is observed in the Student Union's activities. A gasque is a form of sitting with food, entertainment and special activities that you don't want to miss! Here, new students will meet current students at the university to enjoy an evening of wonderful company and get an introduction to our student pub!
From 20-late you will all get access to the student pub before all other students as it is time for the highlight of the year, the pub opening at Lilla Hjärtat.
Good to know:
- You can always ask questions to those in charge and don't be afraid to make new acquaintances!
- Please bring identification to all events as we will confirm your registration for the spring reunion. It is also mandatory to identify yourself to enter the pub at night!
- The student pub has student-friendly prices and has a varied selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- If you have allergies, tell the staff when food is served.
If you have not paid the fee yet or have not become a member of the Student Union, you must do this before Thursday, you do this easily by coming to the Student Union's reception in the glass corridor at the university in Halmstad on Wednesday between 10-14:30 (closed for lunch between 11:30-12:00).
You can also become a member of the Student Union if you download the app hitract and search for Halmstad Studentkår and go to become a member.
If there would be a change
in the scedual we will notify you!
During 10 days, new students are welcomed to the Student Union, Halmstad University and Halmstad as a city. You get to know your new classmates by socializing with your new class, challenging other programs in competitions and games. As a newcomer to the city, you get the chance to discover Halmstad and find your way on campus in fun ways!
Exchange students and international students
Welcome to Halmstad University and your upcoming adventure! We’re looking forward to meeting you and to make sure that your time in Sweden will be memorable and filled with experiences. We have planned and arranged 10 days in August that are filled with activities for every single student that will begin their studies. These days are meant to be an introduction for the new students to meet their new classmates and to build new friendships that will make this period in your life memorable. If you as an international or exchange student choose to participate you will be meeting students from all around the world that will be in the same situation as you. These 10 days are something that we call Nollningen (The Zero-ing) and we highly recommend all of our new students to participate. Students from all educations across the university are divided into groups, that aim to cluster students in similar education and/or situation. The group for international and exchange students is called X-Change and wear white overalls. You can find their Instagram here.
Why is it
called Zero-ing (Nollning)? Why are you called a zero?
Zero-ing is an introduction period before the studies start. It’s called Zero-ing because you as a new student don't possess any university education credits, which is also why you’re being called a zero. It has nothing to do with you as an individual ;)
Who and what
Överstaben is the board of directors that's responsible for the planning and implementation of the Nollning. Överstaben has guided, educated and worked with the management groups (called "staber") which are responsible for each and every nollning group.
What is the
meaning of the Nollning?
The purpose of the Nollning is to introduce the new students to the student life through safety, knowledge, community, challenges and joy. Överstaben is actively working to make sure that every individual that participates at the Nollning is in safe hands and gets a good introduction to everything that the student life entails. The Nollning does not mean that new students will be humiliated or embarrassed in any way. All participation during the Nollning is completely voluntary.
during the different days?
The different groups have their own schedules but certain activities are joint with other groups of new students. You will receive your schedule when you meet your group. Here is an approximate schedule with the joint activities.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
© Halmstad Studentkår